Dear MarketingDistillery.com readers,
For your convenience, we have put together a list of informative and inspiring articles that caught our eye last week. Please let us know if such a weekly post is useful or just creates more information-noise. Good luck in the new week!
- Magnificent Mobile Website And App Analytics: Reports, Metrics, How-to! by Avinash Kaushik – As mobile becomes the primary channel for some businesses, marketing tools and strategies struggle to keep up. Avinash presents a thorough (as always) review of tracking strategies for both mobile webpages and mobile apps using Google Analytics.
- Digital Dashboards: Strategic & Tactical: Best Practices, Tips, Examples by Avinash Kaushik – At Marketing Distillery we believe that dashboard design is an art form. Having the right amount of detail while providing business-focused insight is more than critical in our data-overloaded world. The difference between tactical and strategic reporting levels often blur to produce a pulp of charts and numbers.
- YCombinator 2014 Data Science Startups – Checkout this list of Data Science startups for ideas and inspiration. Data visualization and machine learning are still at the top of the list of most sought job skills.
- D3.js Step by Step – The D3 library is almost a standard for data visualization. If you are a data scientist, or are thinking about becoming one, the ability to “sell” your insight is absolutely critical. A picture is worth more than a thousand words and this set of tutorials is a good starting point for building interactive and rich data visualizations.
- Predicting What User Reviews Are About with LDA and Gensim – Topic classification in reviews is a big problem when your app or website gains traction. Manually reviewing and classifying user feedback can be a boring process. This LDA-based methodology is a good starting point for an automated solution. Yes, the sources code is included.